photo clementine_facebook_zps7da69df8.png  photo clementine_tumblr_zps91ce9f77.png  photo clementine_rss_zpsb1b1465e.png

sábado, 15 de dezembro de 2012

Join the Bangs Brigade!

Bangs are the most adorable thing you can ever do to your hair. And there's so many ways you can wear them: curly, wavy, poker straight, side bangs.... you can easily find a style that will suit your hair/face. I love the late 60's bangs because they don't look perfect and have these girly/sexy vibe to them. Of course my bangs icons have to be these ladies: Françoise Hardy, Jane Birkin and Brigitte Bardot

I cut my bangs recently (i was letting them grow out) and realized that i was quite aware of my hair quircks these time. So i thought i would share some tips. In case someone with curly/wavy hair wants to give bangs a try!


These are my bangs au naturel as in not straightened. I like that look but i spent the day running errands in the rain and i thought showing you guys my natural texture would be more helpful anyway.
I cut them so they would stay right above my eyebrows. And i like to swipe the to the side when i have my hair up because i think it looks better (and i can pretend i have a pixie cut).

Tips
  1. Know your hair. It's really important that you consider your hair's texture and volume not only when it's styled but how it looks like when it gets wet or something. It's really hard to keep the frizz away from curly and wavy hair so you need to be prepared. My hair is wavy all around with some curls and it gets frizzy a LOT. My hairdresser always cut my bangs longer so they would curl. Funny fact: the hair on top of my head hardly has any waves so my bangs would always be huge. Don't be afraid to talk to your hairdresser and tell him/her how your hair works. 
  2. Don't forget the volume. As i said before think about the volume too. My hair has a lot f body so i couldn't get a block fringe (i would have to style it everyday) so my bangs are a lot choppier to reduce volume.
  3. Feed that hair. Because bangs tend to get messy quickly if you need to style them more often then the rest of your hair try to keep them healthy. If you have wavy/curly hair it's likely to be dry so you know you need to keep the moisture locked. If your hair is dry but it's damaged hidrating it won't be enough you need to give it protein. Don't worry about spending a lot of money in treatments. I've been using a homemade mask with eggs and olive oil and it works great!
  4. Try different styles. Textured hair tends to be more versatile that very straight hair so don't be afraid to experiment with your bangs. Swipe the to the side and see how it looks.
  5. Shelter them. If you straighten your bangs beanies and hats will become your best friends when the weather sucks. It's a great preventive measure instead of carrying a straightener in your bag. If your bangs get messed up in your sleep wear a silk scarf as a headband.

 Do you like bangs? Would you wear them?
Leave me a comment with your opinion!
xx

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário